Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSS, HTML, and Java coders?

Well, I have almost given up! I really need some people who can do this and help the site.

If we can't get any coders soon, we won't be able to fix the site up to par.

So I am in high hopes that soon we get some, or we can't progress any further, all I have for now guys! Bye!!

Also be sure to sign up and look at our creation guide complete with costumes, tools, and everything LBP2 related!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Creatinator. Will it hurt creativity?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ShamgarBlade

ShamgarBlade

I've seen quite a few people talking about this, so I thought I would bring this topic here.

There are a few people around the LBP community who believe the creatinator will hurt the community's creativity. For example, instead of spending time to create a gun within the game, many will probably use the creatinator and instantly have it ready to shoot missiles at fellow gadders. To quote someone else," Instead of trying to invent innovative turrets and weopens and movable plattforms emitters as in the old ancient days... CREATINATOR, one tap on R1 and you will be able to blast that ugly unstickerd dissolve monster that only uses plasma and no other attack not even sound effects into oblivion HORRAY !"

I don't agree that the creatinator will stunt creativity, but I just wanted to know your thoughts. Smile

SR20DETDOG

SR20DETDOG

Is it possible to agree with both sides while also disagreeing with them. Double contradiction?

This is the way I see it.

Every new tool in LBP2 will allow creators to become even more creative so I agree that the creatinator will also allow creators to be more creative. On the other hand, though, there are those creators out there that will use the creatinator as a quick way to, well, do what you said up there.

However, I'm going to contradict myself here, I believe that what I just said isn't true. The creatinator will not stunt creativity nor will it improve it. The creators that use it as described would have done the same thing in LBP, through, say using others creations or even stealing. Those that will use the creatinator in new and innovative or even just simply fun ways would have been the ones who were creating those cool custom turrets and such.

However, again, with the introduction on LBP.me coupled with browsing forums like this it should be a breeze to find well made levels. So I see no use for people worrying.

ShamgarBlade

ShamgarBlade

Yea. My view is that, with any new feature, there will be people who put little effort into making it special, but then again there will be people who will totally go beyond anything that could be imagined by a normal person lol.

As an example, how about the jetpack from LBP1? What would you expect the jetpack to do? Give you the ability to fly around freely right? In this game, I've see level upon level using the jetpack for its intended purpose. (And that's fine) However, I have seen the jetpack used in so many different ways as well! I've seen mech levels based around using the jetpack, I've seen puzzles involving the tethered jetpack, and I've also played first person shooters (IN LBP1) using the jetpack as the way to navigate.

Hopefully you understand my point. I think I will fall in love with the creatinator when I first get my hands on it. Very Happy

SR20DETDOG

SR20DETDOG

now that I think about it, the jetpack was pretty powerful thing. like before the proper tetherless jetpack people made their own and how it can give the 'O' button a function.

Fishrock123

Fishrock123

Heh. The creatinator has it's uses.

I, for one, will use mainly sackbots+DCS+movers/etc to make more realistic weapons, but, for platforming style levels, the creatinator is perfect.

Http://Twitter.com/Fishrock123

TheChannel

TheChannel
The Alliance (Mods)
The Alliance (Mods)

Just because there is a creatinator doesn't mean the creator is forced to use it. Yea sure there will be many people using it to shoot bullets at each other but the pros with find a way around that.

Would you rather shoot bullets out of a helmet or bullets out of an actual gun.

I think pro creators will see the abuse this may bring and try to be original by creating the same end product but is visually different. To me it encourages creativity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum