Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSS, HTML, and Java coders?

Well, I have almost given up! I really need some people who can do this and help the site.

If we can't get any coders soon, we won't be able to fix the site up to par.

So I am in high hopes that soon we get some, or we can't progress any further, all I have for now guys! Bye!!

Also be sure to sign up and look at our creation guide complete with costumes, tools, and everything LBP2 related!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Classic Space Invaders

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Classic Space Invaders Empty Classic Space Invaders Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Karnaksow

Karnaksow

My latest effort....

2Classic Space Invaders Empty Re: Classic Space Invaders Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:40 am

steve

That looks great. Just like the original. Amazing recreation Very Happy.

3Classic Space Invaders Empty Re: Classic Space Invaders Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:33 pm

ShamgarBlade

ShamgarBlade

Ah, I had the pleasure of playing this yesterday. Great job!

4Classic Space Invaders Empty Re: Classic Space Invaders Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:22 am

SR20DETDOG

SR20DETDOG

Well, unfortunately I don't have the beta, and my computer doesn't have sound Sad

But the video looked fantastic! The animation and starting screen were what really impressed me. Is there only one level or are there more?

Out of interest, roughly how long did this take you to make?

5Classic Space Invaders Empty Re: Classic Space Invaders Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Karnaksow

Karnaksow

There are 3 Invader screens with them getting lower each time, then they reset to the top on the 4th. you could go on and on so added a time limit. It took about 4-5 weeks to make. About an hour weekdays and about 8 hours on the weekend. It was a longish job in a way. My O/H said I should do space invaders, so, next thing i'm trying to make a block go from left to right then go down etc. It just grew from there, adding bit by bit. I really wanted to add the full 11 rows of invaders, 4 bunkers (with 4 times the pixels), multiple speeds (fast last invaders) and the spaceship count trick (to get 300).
It was starting to overheat an run very slow, so had to cut back. Because of the small amount of Invaders and lack of speed, one life and a time limit had to be added. People could probably get silly scores and ruin any future update.

I may tweak the speed settings if possible. There was a bug before that prevented me using the step switch and counter/timer. It just would not work in game. Maybe fixed now.

Thanks for the comments!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum