Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSS, HTML, and Java coders?

Well, I have almost given up! I really need some people who can do this and help the site.

If we can't get any coders soon, we won't be able to fix the site up to par.

So I am in high hopes that soon we get some, or we can't progress any further, all I have for now guys! Bye!!

Also be sure to sign up and look at our creation guide complete with costumes, tools, and everything LBP2 related!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Artistic Creativity V's Playability- Does one compromise the other?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

goodgirl_arcee

goodgirl_arcee

Hey everyone! This is a little argument I always seem to have with others when creating LBP levels. I thought it would be interesting to ask everyone here for their opinions. Very Happy

Basically, the argument is that should a lot of effort have gone into making a level look really artistic and stunning, it will probably lack good playability. Whilst a level that has great playability, may not be that pretty to look at! I argue that it IS possible for a level to be both.
But what do you guys think? Does one compromise the other? If you HAD to choose between them, what would you prefer - a level that looks artistically beautiful, or one that has great playability? Question

SR20DETDOG

SR20DETDOG

I've always focused more on game play for my creations but that's because I usually never finish them enough to start getting all arty on them. In my LBP2 creations I'm definitely going to try and mix game play with visuals but if it comes down to it, visuals come second for me.

TheChannel

TheChannel
The Alliance (Mods)
The Alliance (Mods)

I would rather play level that is more good looking. To me if they make a stunning looking level, it deserves 5 stars.

ShamgarBlade

ShamgarBlade

I think there can be both.

I love to create levels that have nice environments and great visuals, but I am not too good at gameplay. That being said, think if I were to team up with someone who is really good at making gameplay. If we teamed up, we could make a level that looked great visually and was extremely fun to play as well.

If you HAD to choose between them, what would you prefer - a level that looks artistically beautiful, or one that has great playability?

If I had to choose one, I would say artistically beautiful because that's just what I like. Smile

TheChannel

TheChannel
The Alliance (Mods)
The Alliance (Mods)

Little Big Planet level wise I choose Visuals
Games in General I choose Gameplay
(To support this, I hate FF13 due to hatred of gameplay. I love minecraft due to loveing the gameplay.)

goodgirl_arcee

goodgirl_arcee

Hmmmm, that's some different opinions. My problem when creating is that I'm artistic, and so I like to spend forever making sure everything looks good - I then get told my levels are rubbish to play! I've spent so long on the visual side, the gameplay has gone down the toilet! lol! I think they're quite fun to play, but I guess you can't please everyone.

ShamgarBlade - After playing your levels, I think you have an excellent combination of both gameplay and visuals. It does seem difficult to achieve if you have a preference of one over the other, but I think you have managed both nicely.
Very Happy

7Artistic Creativity V's Playability- Does one compromise the other? Empty Hmm.. Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:14 am

kAWLo

I believe achieving a good balance of both is integral to good level design.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but several reviews I've gotten for my first two levels mention how I've struck such balance.

Search Kapootie Forest in LBP2. I'm sure you will appreciate the series I've created.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum